The Baltic Sea Card - Biodegradable and more!
The Bank och Åland have decided to replace their plastic cards to environmentally cards they can offer the customers an opportunity to see both their environmental footprint and how to compensate for it.
Together MasterCard and KPMG , they have developed an index, which has enabled them to provide customers with this information, the Åland Index. Åland Index calculates the environmental impact of each credit card transaction. The calculation behind Åland Index is based on general data of our cooperation partners, the financial markets and Card company category codes.
Try our calculator and the Åland Index
For each month of card purchases calculated a carbon footprint that will be presented to the customer in connection with the credit card bill. Over time also presents statistics for comparison and the same bill is given the opportunity to offset their impact through behaviour or financing.
How it works:
1. East Chart is coupled to Aland index
2. On the basis of your credit card purchases , you can easily comply with your environmental impact
3. The payment system uses Aland index to calculate the environmental impact per
card transaction based on the merchant industry ( eg petrol station , clothing store ) .
4. On the credit card invoice is presented , in addition to the usual compilation , although the
personal environmental impact , your carbon footprint in both grams and the euro .
5. We offer an opportunity to offset its environmental impact by
Funding to local or global environmental initiatives
The combination of Åland and the Baltic index chart is as unique in the world as it is necessary. The Baltic Sea is one of the world 's most polluted inner sea, but the sea is everywhere. with Åland Index, we hope that other oceans gets better as more get insight into how behaviour change could affect our world.